INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS: RESEARCH BRIEFS
Research Briefs are short publications that are intended to provide relevant information about surveys, and inform SPC’s performance improvement processes.
The Recent Alumni Survey was designed to collect information related to career preparation, preparation for continuing education, and the current employment information and educational status of SPC’s recent graduates.
The Employer Survey was designed to gain insight into an employer’s perceptions of the quality of hired SPC graduates and identify the employer’s willingness to support various college activities such as student training or placement.
The Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) is a national survey administered every other year at SPC. It provides information about effective educational practices in community colleges and assists institutions in using that information to promote improvements in student learning and persistence.
The Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE) benchmarks are groups of conceptually related survey items that address key areas of entering student engagement. The six benchmarks denote areas that educational research has shown to be important to entering students’ college experiences and educational outcomes; thus, they provide colleges with a useful starting point for looking at institutional results.
Recent Alumni Survey (by graduating year)
- 2017-18 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2016-17 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2015-16 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2014-15 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2013-14 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2012-13 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2011-12 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2010-11 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2009-10 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2008-09 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2007-08 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2006-07 Recent Alumni Survey
- 2005-06 Recent Alumni Survey
Employer Survey (by graduating year)
- 2017-18 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2016-17 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2015-16 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2014-15 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2013-14 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2012-13 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2011-12 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2010-11 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2009-10 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2008-09 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2007-08 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2006-07 Employer Survey Research Brief
- 2005-06 Employer Survey Research Brief
The Office of IE is responsible for ensuring the quality and value of academic programs, student support services, and administrative units, collaborating with the provost, deans, faculty, and administrators to identify and conduct assessments in various areas.
SPC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC). In addition, many degree programs offered at SPC are accredited or approved by state or national organizations.